Step One Automotive Group Participates in Automotive Allowance Program for Disabled Veterans
Do you have a disability related to military service that prevents you from driving?
If you do, you may be able to get disability compensation or benefits through the Veterans Administration Automobile Allowance and Adaptive Equipment Program.
At Step One Automotive Group, we are proud to participate in this program for disabled veterans. Here is recent customer Nate, talking about how he was able to use the program to get a new Ram truck specially designed to give him the mobility he needs.
The way the program works is that active duty military and veterans that have a service-connected disability may be eligible to receive a one-time payment of $21,488.29 to help them buy a specially equipped vehicle if they meet at least one of these criteria:
- Loss, or permanent loss of use, of 1 or both feet, or
- Loss, or permanent loss of use, of 1 or both hands, or
- Permanent decreased vision in both eyes: 20/200 vision or less in your better eye with glasses, or greater than 20/200 vision but with a visual field defect that has reduced your peripheral vision to 20 degrees or less in your better eye, or
- A severe burn injury, or
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), or
- Ankylosis in 1 or both knees or hips (Note: This qualifies you for an adaptive-equipment grant only)
We are proud to participate in this great program for those who served. Please contact us at Step One Automotive Group of the VA for more information.